Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

Biblical Through Lines

As this passion project comes to a close, I wanted to talk a bit about some biblical through lines that fit in pretty well with my passion project. Although there are many through lines that could apply to photography, I am choosing to talk about the three that I connected with the most during this project.

1) God-Worshiping 
Worship doesnt have to take place somewhere like a church. You can worship God wherever you are. 
Photography applies to this through line because when you are taking a picture of something, you can take a minute to step back and worship God for who He is, and what he has created. A pretty big thing for me is sunrises and sunsets. I find it amazing how different they are everyday, no sunrise or sunset is ever the same. They are all different. I also find that I am drawn more to them than anything else. But just taking a walk outside with your camera in your hand can easily inspire you because there are so many wonderful things that God has created.

2) Beauty-Creating
We can praise God through the art that we create.
Photography applies to this through line because by taking a picture we are capturing Gods beauty, and by editing it we are creating something new. Photography does take creativity, and we are honoring God when we create something with the beautiful things He has made.
"Creativity is about inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun" You can easily do all of these things through photography.

3) Creation-Enjoying
We can celebrate and thank God for the beautiful world that he has created. 
God has created such a beautiful world and it amazes me to no end. Even just looking at the simplest things like a field or grass or sand is truly amazing. God created it all. And we should enjoy it. Many people say that they hate living in Winnipeg and that its an ugly city. But through out this entire project, from day one, ive had so many moments where I've been driving around and I notice things that I never noticed before. It has given me a larger appreciation for the city I live in. 


Psalms 113:3 
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,  the name of the Lord is to be praised.


Psalms 65:8
The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment